Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Muscle vs Fat


Most women think that if they lift weights they will bulk up, well that's simply not true while strength training does build muscle,  muscles burn fat.  So as you can see in the photo both weigh 130 pounds but the person on the left has more muscle so you see how physically the left looks smaller because the amount of muscle they have is greater and burns the fat.  I myself always thought lifting weights would bulk you up or thought at one point I wasn't going to exercise because I was losing weight just by eating right, well in reality when my body started to change was when I was exercising consistently and doing strength training.  This is what I was talking about in the last post, the more muscles you have the less fat you will have & you may not see a huge difference on the scale but will physically look like you have & be so much healthier. So exercising is a very important part in the process, because not only does it help you to lose fat it improves your mood, boosts your energy & promotes better sleep among other things.  I don't know about you but knowing all of that I don't want to stop exercising, there's just so many great benefits!   So make sure you get some kind of physical activity in today you'll feel much better :)
 

1 comment: